The Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) was named the top bourse in Southeast Asia during the 7th Annual Alpha Southeast Asia Best Solution and Deal Awards. A growth in trading activity and the launch of new products were mentioned as some of the reasons for the award.
“The award cited the record-breaking year of the Philippine stock market despite the volatility of equities markets worldwide,” said the PSE.
Philippine equities have gained more than any other country in Southeast Asia since October, following global markets much higher after several days of declines. However, the impact of Typhoon Yolanda led to a selloff by investors in November.
For new products and services, the PSE launched the country’s first exchange traded funds (ETFs), as well as a Sharia program to attract Muslim investors.
- ASEAN Economy to be 4th Largest in the World - 29/04/2015
- China & ASEAN Plan Maritime Silk Road - 18/09/2014
- Indonesia Most Efficient Property Market in Asia - 10/08/2014
- Southeast Asian Markets Invest in Gold - 06/08/2014
- Rental Property vs. REITs - 20/04/2014
- Philippine Stocks ASEAN’s Best - 04/01/2014
- Trillion Dollar Deal Closed in Bali - 24/12/2013